July 05, 2010

San Francisco 4th of July Celebration

I can actually now say I have been there, and done that!  The San Francisco 4th of July celebration was a pretty laid back affair.  I was accompanied by one of my best friends, Michele, and it was both our first time attending.  Well the band's that we were intending on viewing really seemed like they didn't exist.  Pier 39 was to host a band from 3-5, which they were still either setting up, or had technical difficulties.  The Cannery performances were null in void!  The only band we danced along amongst a big crowd was the band called "The Cheeseballs"!  They were a 70's, 80's, 90's and today's hits kind of group, and were actually a crowd pleaser.  They played up until the fireworks started, which was at 9:30, and it was a good fireworks show.  I can say it wasn't as great as the New York Macy's celebration, but they did have a smiley face explosion!




No comments:

Post a Comment