June 20, 2010

Mmmmh....Sunday Breakfast!



This morning I woke up early, 6:30 a.m. to be exact, and hopped out of bed feeling revived!  After reading the paper, I decided to brew some Starbucks Espresso Roast (View Image), and thought...hmmm..what am I going to cook this morning that is going to feed my appetite.

An omelet! 


In case you find this appetizing too, I have listed the ingredients and directions.  Enjoy! 

 

First, I took 3 egg yolks and some milk and whisked them together, adding mushrooms, cilantro, green onions, salt, pepper, season salt, and garlic powder.  

Second, gently fold them together and put into a lightly buttered or oiled pan, and cook on medium heat.  Once the bottom of the omelet can slide on the bottom of the pan, gently flip over. 

Lastly, I threw on my tomato's on the cooked side, and splashed some mozzarella cheese and folded in half to melt, flip over to cook the other side.

Serve with fresh diced avocado, and I added a side of my Avocado Salsa, and Red Rooster hot sauce..

1 comment: